Sunday, 12 August 2007

A lot of wood chips later

The face is too wide, which you can't see from this side view. I'm getting to a stage where there is still a great deal of wood to remove, but it's easy to take off too much.

I keep looking at the photos of similar horses, trying to distinguish exactly where the wood goes in and where it doesn't. My G & J Lines, Seraphine, has a quite different face.

This morning I got obsessed with getting the chin right, thinking I could work out from there.


It isn't right yet, though.

4 comments:

Timber Beast said...

Wow! That is so cool. As a layperson, I am impressed.

Lexi said...

Thanks.

It will get better yet - or just possibly end up as a much worked-on toothpick.

Haven't got a name yet.

Welshcake said...

Oh, wow. I'm so impressed.

I adore your collection, rocking horses are just so beautiful. I always had fantasies of having one when I was a child.

Lexi said...

Me too, and there wasn't enough space/money.

When my daughter was three, instead of replacing my tottery Renault 5, I spent the last of my savings buying an extra large Stevensons Brothers horse that we could fit on together.

Now I buy old ones to restore. Cheap ones with missing body parts, jaws, legs, heads...